Here we go.

03 July 2011

4

Technically, it' s not the 4th of July, but I can only get things accomplished when it is night time and the temperature is a breezy 90-something degrees in our house.  Periodically during the day, we'll get a little burst of energy and we try to get things done, but then it's back to laying around, which takes up a good 85% of our time.  And we can't lounge around together, because our arms might touch and ewwwwwwwwww it is TOO HOT/HUMID.  It didn't take much convincing that, yes, we need a new HVAC.  We're scheduled to get an estimate on Tuesday.  We will be getting our front/back door measured for new energy-efficient doors, too.  Things are happening around here as far as home-improvement goes, which, despite this evil heat, is keeping me in good spirits.   I've got good company with ATM and the cat critters, too.


OFF THE CHARTS HOT:
Photobucket


I did some quick research online to see if I was doing wrong by the cats because they are extremely lethargic.  Turns out it's a defense mechanism to overheating, similar to what we do.  Nobody move.
Photobucket


Photobucket  


Photobucket


So, I had set this particular appointment with my hairdresser three months ago.  It was a standard wash & trim, but when I walked in yesterday, I asked her to cut it off, please.  "Are you sure?!!!" she asked repeatedly.  It wasn't long before everyone who worked at the beauty parlor was asking.  I guess they have to know for certain to avoid a crying, remorseful customer.  After I convinced her that I was serious, she grabbed my hair by the fistfuls and just chopped it off.  I'm pretty sure she enjoyed it.  And I'm pretty sure the heat made me do it.
Photobucket





Photobucket


The result, new look:
Photobucket


Photobucket


Not bad, eh?















2 comments:

TCH said...

You are gorgeous! I'd say you were smoking' but right now that would be pretty insensitive so I'll save that for later!

nicole said...

Smokin' hot! Love the new hair. Glad you guys have A/C again. Sheesh! xoxo.

Blog Archive